Tusaayaksat Magazine: Ukiuq Winter 2019
Special edition, including issue No.1 The Imniarvik Issue of NIPATURUQ! A magazine by and for Inuvialuit youth (and all those who would like to support and encourage them).
Celebrating Inuvialuit People, Culture and Heritage. Tusaayaksat Magazine's Mission: To empower, celebrate, communicate, heal and bond. A forum for stories and voices that need to be heard.
Tusaayaksat means stories and voices that need to be heard. We celebrate Inuvialuit people, culture and heritage.
Makpiraam Iluani: Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Nutaat Inuit; New People - Melody Teddy, Guest Editor
- Fashion Spotlight: Winter Must-haves - Erica Lugt, Fashion Reporter
- Art Feature: Self-Portraits - Youth from Inuvik Youth Centre
- Profile: Arctic Snow to Outer Space - Tyee Fellows
- Profile: Making a Mark in Ulu - Mona Kudlak
- Opinion: Taningnaq - Christina King (Taalrumiq)
- Conversation: A Bloody Jersey & More - Chris Church & Steve Dagar
- ICRC Resources: Classic Storybooks - Inuvialuit Cultural Centre (ICRC)
- Early Childhood: Headstart - Maria Storr
- From Tuk to the Global Stage: Students tell their story of how climate change is "happening to us"
- Historical: Project Surname - Charles Arnold
- Creative: All About Fur - Nikita Larter; Lena Kotokak
- Closing Thoughts: Heart Knowledge - Randal "Boogie" Pokiak