Tusaayaksat Magazine: Upinraksaq Spring 2020
Special edition, including issue no.2 of The Climate Change Issue of NIPATUȒUQ, a magazine by and for Inuvialuit youth (and all those who would like to support and encourage them)
As well as a gorgeous fold-out print of Art Contest winner Lindsey Payne's A Mother's Love.
Celebrating Inuvialuit People, Culture and Heritage. Tusaayaksat Magazine's Mission: To empower, celebrate, communicate, heal and bond. A forum for stories and voices that need to be heard.
Tusaayaksat means stories and voices that need to be heard. We celebrate Inuvialuit people, culture and heritage.
Makpiraam Iluani: Table of Contents:
- Introduction: Sanauyat; Art - Brian Kowikchuk, Guest Editor
- Art Contest: Meet the Top Four - Lindsey Payne, Noe Cockney, Crystal Dillow & Cheryl Kaglik
- Profiles: Pride of Paulatuk - Kuninaan Ruben
- Profiles: Budding Artists - Kohton McKinnon, Billy Goose, Ashley Burgess & Jimmy Memogana
- Make-up Arist: The Face is the Canvas - Charity Thrasher Gruben
- Opinion: Taningnaq - Christina King (Taalrumiq)
- Global Recognition: Project Atigi - Freda Raddi & Lena Kotokak
- Art Collaboration: The Red Dress - Shirley Steenberg
- News: New Artist Centres - Dana Bowen
- Historical: Through Their Eyes - Charles Arnold
- Historical: Inuvialuit Living History - Lisa Hodgetts & Natasha Lyons
- The Gift of Sewing: Anna Pingo and Agnes White
- Feature: Models on the World Stage - Willow Allen, Ashley Emaghok & Karis Gruben
- Recipe: BBQ Feast! - Shayna Allen
- Inuvialuktun Game: Colour - Sheree McLeod